Friday 9 October 2009

New little design seedlings!


Helloooo,
I've had a fair bit of free time on my hand recently so I've been doing various bits of creative stuff because it makes me HAPPY!
One of the things I have been doing is helping a very exceptional young lady with her Graphic College work. Her name is Madi and she is definitely ahead of where I was before university and wonderfully geeky (although she hasn't yet realised this is a cool thing)
So she has been doing some posters for her college performance of Wizard of Oz. This is one of the pieces I helped her with (see image). I made sure she got to grips with the pen tool in illustrator and pushed her to think about why she chose the aesthetic style that she did. So in the end she decided to use an eye catching 'news headline' style but with a bit of Barbra Kruger's influence. And then she drew three characters with a pen tool to suggest a hand-made element to the production. I think it is promising work for a 17yr old. How about you?
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment