Friday 5 March 2010

Central Saint Martins MA 2010 Graduates


Top row, Lilly Heine.
Bottom row left, Malte Flagstad.
Bottom row right, Anja Mlaker.


Some of my highlights...

As always the reason I've chosen these is because I think the designer has grasped something unique about what they have made. Some of the other graduates seem to follow in the style of work that is already out there in a way that is too self-replicating to make it onto this blog.

So anyway. I love the cut of these clothes especially the black menswear by Malte Flagstad. Being a print designer myself I think I am drawn to Lilly Heine's work because of the paper-like quality to those gorgeous layers over the shoulders and down the front.
I like Anja Mlakar's work because of the smoothness and contrast of those oversized curved ribs on the talk lanky models. I really like that shade of blue as-well. It would have been generic to do these dresses in a cool gray but I'm glad to see them in this dusty blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment