Sunday 6 November 2011

Azealia Banks - 212



Azealia Banks is a 20-year-old lyricist from Harlem, NYC. She's one of those hybrids around at the moment that is kind of electronic + rap + RnB. And I love it.

Some people have (incorrectly) described her as the next Nikki Minaj... this opinion really gets up my nose. A bit like when rubbish columnists label every kooky girl singer is the next Bjork or Kate Bush?! I get offended by such a lack of imagination. All because Banks a black girl with dirty lyrics doesn't mean she's following Nikki Minaj.

Anyway rant over. I love this track.

I'm gutted they've taken this video off you tube. It would have been in my "top 5 music videos" blog post I'm planning on doing.

In the meantime here's the track... (NSFW)


Azealia Banks- 212 by abeano

No comments:

Post a Comment